Form Factor: MicroATX
Supported CPUs: Socket 775 - Celeron, Core 2, Pentium D
- 1 PCIe x16
- 1 PCIe x1
- 2 PCI
- 1 x PS/2 KB/MS Combo
- 1 x Optical SPDIF
- 1 x DP
- 1 x HDMI port
- 1 x VGA port
- 1 x DVI port
- 1 x ESATA port
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port
- 6 x USB 2.0
- 8 Channel Audio I/O
- 3 x USB connectors support additional 6 USB ports
- 3 x Fan Connectors: CPU(1) / Chassis(1) / Power Fan(1) connector
- Front panel High Definition audio connector
- 1 x S/PDIF Out connector
- 1 x Chassis Intrusion connector
- 1 x CD audio in connector
- 1 x 24-pin EPS Power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector
- System Panel
This is a very fast and efficient board. It plays full HD effortlessly using onboard graphics and has features to reduce overall power consumption. I am using with a low end LGA 775 processor and have not found anything yet that taxes the system. It does run a bit hot and has a few quirks, but as far as I am concerned, they are well worth it.
Tips and Tricks
- The integrated graphics/northbridge chipset runs extremely hot. The stock cooler is set with low quality thermal compoound. Many users have had luck simply removing and replacing with a high quality thermal grease. If you want to run passive cooling, you WILL need a high end chipset cooler. If you are not running a passive cool system, be sure to place a fan so that it is blowing across the chipset cooler, even the breeze from a CPU cooler is enough to keep the chip cool, but you need something.
- On the other hand, the CPU seems to run very cool on this board and may be able to run passively for HTPC applications. Consider using the CPU fan connector to connect a fan for the chipset instead.
- BIOS seems to have difficulty remembering boot disk order when making any changes to the system. If you have trouble booting, be sure to recheck your boot priority settings.
- The included Q-fan application and the related EPU engine are not as powerful as Speedfan. I recommend uninstalling or disabling those applications and handling cooling through Speedfan.
- Some users have reported trouble with incomplete shutdowns when using third party system diagnostic software.