- Required: No
- Type of Change: Feature
Added new skin settings functions. All skin settings are saved to a new SkinSettings.xml file. Each skin may have it's own settings.
Description of Change
The following functions are added.
- Skin.ToggleSetting(setting) - Toggles the skin setting 'setting'. For use with conditional visibility tags containing Skin.HasSetting(setting).
- Skin.String(string,value) - Compares the skin setting 'string' to 'value'. The user-set skin string was previously set via Skin.SetString(). This is functionally equivalent to string.equals() except that the setting name (parameter 'string') is saved to SkinSettings.xml.
- Skin.SetString(string[,value[,kb_prompt]]) - Sets a skin property. Pops up a keyboard dialog and allows the user to input a string which can be used in a label control elsewhere in the skin via a skin property (e.g., #my_property). If the value parameter is specified, then the keyboard dialog does not pop up, and the string is set directly. The settings are saved per-skin in SkinSettings.xml.
- Skin.SetBool(setting) - Sets the skin setting 'setting' to true. For use with the conditional visibility tags containing Skin.HasSetting(setting). The settings are saved per-skin in SkinSettings.xml.
- Skin.Reset(setting) - Resets the skin setting 'setting'. If 'setting' is a bool setting (ie set via SetBool or ToggleSetting) then the setting is reset to false. If 'setting' is a string (Set via SetString) then it is set to empty.
- Skin.ResetSettings - Resets all the bool and string skin settings to their defaults; boolean all set to false, strings all set to empty.
See also: Skin Settings
Additional Information and References
- Mantis Issue: 3411
- Related xml(s): SkinSetting.xml and all xmls where skin settings are used
- Window ID:
- Related GUI property/control: