- My Page
- Recent changes
- Watched Pages
- My Preferences
- RSS feeds
- Save as PDF
- Popular pages
- Wiki Help
eXtreme Movie Manager (XMM)
eXtreme Movie Manager is one of the most advanced Movies/TV Series/Actors collection manager around. It can catalog movies stored on your Hard Disk and removable devices in seconds, with all information about codecs, resolutions etc. automatically. XMM imports movie information and covers directly from many different online databases (over 100).
Export XML - the default export file for XMM is
XML-Export.xml. It is stored by default in the FileAviSearchPath set in File Manager, but you can select any folder when exporting.
Use the Setup Wizard:
- Catalog type - Extreme Movie Manager
- Catalog XML - select the XML file you exported from XMM (see above)
The wizard presets most settings for you, however you should verify them, especially the paths set for displaying images in Artwork Setup.
Note: My Films will automatically select the correct paths for artwork if you are using XMM v126.96.36.199 or later. In previous versions, XMM did not have a 'general' folder for each database. It had separate folders for artwork images
\[DBname]_Covers, etc. So if you are using an older version, you must set the paths for covers, fanart etc in Artwork Setup.
Most My Films features are supported for XMM catalogs, including:
- Local Trailers - if you add local trailer files to XMM Trailer 1/2 fields they can be played in My Films
- actor and other 'credits' or persons photos
- fanart - only a single image per film since multiple images are not stored in a separate folder for each film
- Watched status - displayed but updates can only be done in XMM
Note: You can use My Films to download fanart images and add them to sub folders where your XMM fanart is stored. These images will then display in My Films, but not in XMM.
Fields are listed by the field name in the xml, sorted by the My Films/AMC xml. Items in red are not currently exported or mapped and thus not displayed in My Films. See below for a list of Fields in XMM not mapped or displayed in My Films.
|Checked||usually used for watched info||Seen|
|TranslatedTitle||Title||Note: AKAs are added by some scripts to Custom Field 9, but not mapped|
|FormattedTitle||not supported in XMM - Options allow formatting of Title field which can then be selected as Formatted Field in MyFIlms..|
|Producer||multiple values |
may also be Writers
|Producer||Note: Writer is exported as a separate extended field and supported in My Films.|
|Category||Genre, Subgenre||Subgenres are added to Category field. The XMM Category field is mapped to Tags.|
|Actors||multiple values||Actors, Roles||multiple values - MF supports both Actors and Roles|
|URL||InternetID||MyFilms uses www.imdb.com\title\tt0+InternetID (WebID in XMM GUI)|
|AspectRatio||Calc by MyFIlms||Screentratio||not mapped since MyFilms calculates this field automatically|
|Languages||multiple values||OriginalLanguage||multiple values|
|Subtitles||multiple values||Subtitles||multiple values|
In addition to the internal supported fields, My Films supports extended fields for:
- Writer - preset as a Custom Display Item when you use the Setup Wizard and can be used to create a custom view
- Certification (MPAA) - can be displayed as a Custom Display Item or mapped to either the Description or Comments field on the External Catalogs Setup tab
- Tagline - can be displayed as a Custom Display Item or mapped to either the Description or Comments field on the External Catalogs Setup tab
- Tags - can be displayed as a Custom Display Item, and/or used to create a custom view similar to Categories (Genres)
My Films also generates several fields when you open the plugin in MediaPortal:
These fields are supported for any catalog and can be used within My Films to create views, or as custom display items. However, the data is not saved when you exit My Films, and cannot be viewed/used in your movie catalog app,
Note: The XMM Category field is mapped to Tags, and MPAA is mapped to Certification
XMM fields not supported by My Films
The following fields exist in XMM, and are exported to the xml file, but are not mapped or displayed in My Films:
- Language (most scripts use OriginalLanguage which is supported)
- URL - My Films uses InternetID field