- My Page
- Recent changes
- Watched Pages
- My Preferences
- RSS feeds
- Save as PDF
- Popular pages
- Wiki Help
My Films is one of the only plugins that allows you total control over your data, just by using a remote within MediaPortal. You may update your data by movie or even by field, preserving any manual updates you might have made while updating only the fields you wish.
Of course, you may also update data manually using your Movie catalog software, or even using the View Collection tab in AMC Updater.
As of v 6.0.0, you no longer need to define update items or properties in setup. You may select any field to update it within MediaPortal. See Importing and Updating > Update existing films
You may also auto update certain fields:
- Watched status - select options for auto updating watched status when starting or finishing playback.
- Deletion options - to auto update your database or files once a movie is played.
- Auto scan and add new films - scan your movie folders to add new films - see Updating AMC Data for more info.
Note: Update options are only supported for Ant Movie Catalog databases. However, My Films will display the results of updates you perform in other External Catalogs, such as watched status.
Auto Scan and Add new Films
To auto scan your movie folders, and update your AMC movie catalog with new films, you can use AMC Updater, which is now integrated into My Films, either by:
- Global Updates > Import/Update all movies (AMC Updater) within My Films - see Importing and Updating
- AMC Updater - as a separate application via the Launch button in My Films setup, or a desktop shortcut
Standard options are preset by default, but you may customize what data is grabbed, what grabber script is used, and many other options.
If you use the Checked field in AMC to track watched status, you can automatically update the watched status of your films whenever the file is played.
- Watched Status Handling - Select when you wish the status to be set to watched:
- When movie is launched
- When playback is finished (>80%)
- Field used for Watched Status - default=Checked - you must select a field if you wish to update watched status either automatically or manually.
- Value to identify unwatched items - default=false - If you use the Checked field in AMC database to manage the watched status of your films, you can select whether unwatched films are checked (true) or not (false)
- export - backup your watched status to a file with .watched extension (default name is configname.watched) - to back up your watched status before making config changes or to import watch status to a new database
- import - restore or import a file with .watched extensions that you previously exported
Note: My Films compares the value in the Field for Watched status with the Value to identify unwatched items. If they match My Films sets "user.watched.value" to "true", otherwise it is set to empty.
Note: As of v 6.0.0 'Enhanced Watch Status' has been changed 'Multi-User States' and is enabled automatically for AMC4 catalog types. It is no longer supported for AMC3 catalog types, however data will be 'migrated' when switching to AMC4 catalog type.
On the Update Tab in Setup under Watched Status Handling:
- Field used for Watched Status - as of V 6.0.0 this is the field that will be 'synced' to the 'Multi-User States' field. You no longer need to select a 'text' field and can use the Checked field . However you may also select the Watched field or any other filed (make sure you don't use the field selected for other data) and use the Checked field for other purposes.
- Active User Profile Name - enter the username you wish to use as the default user in My Films. You may change users within My FIlms using Options > Global Settings > Choose User Profile
- When you first switch from AMC3 to AMC4 catalog type, My Films will 'migrate' your standard watched data as soon as you update any data within My Films (such as play a film, change watch status, update data, etc.).
- If you previously used Enhanced Watch Status, My Films will automatically convert the data and add it to the new Multi-User States extended field for AMC4 catalog types.
- The Trakt plugin does not yet support multi-user accounts, however My Films will sync your watch status and user ratings to the Trakt account that matches the current active user if you have more than one 'Trakt' user. You may also use different Trakt accounts on client PCs. My Films will sync to each Trakt account separately. See Trakt for more info.
As of v 6.0.0, you can choose to either manual or automatic deletion within My Films by enabling the option in Setup on the Updates tab:
When manual deletion is enabled, the context menu (via F9 or Info/More remote button) on both the main and details window,will display an option to 'Delete Movie...'
You can delete movies (entries) from your database catalog, and even your movie files from within My Films in MediaPortal.
If you enable automatic Database Deletion options, the Local Updates Menu option will display a Delete option which will perform the action you select here:
- Enable automatic deletion - allows you to automatically update your database and files once a movie is watched
- Choose one of the following from the drop down list:
- Delete DB entry only (default)
- Delete both DB entry and movie file
- Update DB entry - Keep movie file
- Update DB entry and delete movie file
In addition, you can select a specific field to update once a file finishes playing:
- Update field when player finishes - check to enable
- Select a field to update
- Enter a value to enter in the field
Note: If you enabled "Enable automatic deletion", you also get a corresponding context menu entry to manually perform the remove/delete action you selected.
My Films Internal Internet Grabbing
You may update data for a selected film within My Films using Get Internet film Info on the Details window context menu (F9 or Info/more key). Select the options you wish to use for these updates on the Update Tab in Setup, under the MyFilms Internal Internet Grabbing section:
- Default Grabber Script - preset based on the country you select in Setup Wizard or under Grabber Override Options > Preferred Languages/Countries (see below). Or you may use the browse button [,,,] to select the Grabber Script you prefer (see Grabber Scripts for details about the different grabbers)
- Filter Grabber Scripts - as of v 6.0.0 you can filter the grabbers you prefer to use by language. This option filters the display of grabbers when you update movies using Get Internet Data in My Films. It is preset to the preferred language you select, but you can change it or add additional languages using the two letter language code (e.g. en for English, de for German etc). Separate multiple languages with a comma or semicolon, choose 'all' for multiple languages, or leave blank for all grabbers.
- try to find best match automatically - (default=off) - when off, My Films will provide you with a list of possible matches for each film when doing updates by field or record. Note: This option applies ONLY to updates by field or record, NOT to global updates using AMC Updater.
- don't use default script (default=on) - lets you choose which grabber script to use for different field or record updates (will be filtered according to the Filter Grabber Scripts selection)
- Title for Internet Updates - select the Title field you wish to use for 'matching' and finding the correct film to update
- Grabber Option - Click to open the Grabber Interface and customize options for the selected grabber script
To learn how to customize Grabber options, see the tutorial: Customize Grabber (Grabber Interface)
Grabber Override Options
Grabber override options allow you to set options for all grabbers by Config. You can use different override options for different Configurations. Override options always take precedence over specific grabber options, and they are automatically saved to AMCU settings.
- Preferred Languages/Countries - select ONLY the AKA Titles and Certifications for the selected Language/Country - default is set to the country you select in Setup Wizard. You may add multiple values manually separated by a comma.
Tip: The dropdown list is not exclusive, it lists only the most common cases. If you wish certifications or Titles for other values, such as 'International', just add it separated by a comma. So if you enter 'English' you would get all AKA Titles with 'English' mentioned. Similarly for Certification, when there are several Certifications for one country, you could enter a State or Province like 'Ontario' to get only that certification.
- Get Actor Roles - true or false (default=true)
- Limit # Persons - applies to all persons: actors, directors, producers (if supported by the grabber), writers, etc depending on what the grabber script supports
- Limit # Titles - limits the number of AKA titles grabbed by IMDB-Full (the only site/grabber that supports multiple AKAs)
Note: You can also choose more than one language / title to get e.g. French and German titles and certifications together. You have to manually type those with a comma as separator, as the dropdown only offers single choices.
Note: The Grabber Override Options can be set for each My Films config separately - regardless of the chosen grabber script - but they will only be effective if the chosen grabber script also supports those options.