- My Page
- Recent changes
- Watched Pages
- My Preferences
- RSS feeds
- Save as PDF
- Popular pages
- Wiki Help
How to select options to import films into My Films database (AMC format only)
Internet Grabbing Options
As of v 6.0.0 Internet Grabbing Options, which apply when using Get Internet Info within My FIlms, have been moved to the Update tab in Setup.
AMC Updater settings have moved to the new Import tab because they apply when scanning and importing new films or when using AMC Updater.
As of v 6.0.0 the new Import tab in Setup allows you to view and change the settings preset for importing new films into your AMC database. These options apply to both:
- Import new Films - using the Import/Update all movies option in the Main menu > Global Updates, in My Films
- Import Movies via AMC Updater
AMC Updater Options
This section mainly displays the options preset, or selected in AMCU. My Films will preset most settings based on the choices you select when using the Setup Wizard
IMPORTANT NOTE: When you modify Internet Grabbing options on the Update Setup tab, and save your config, the options are automatically synced for AMC Updater as well. However, you may choose to alter the settings in AMC Updater if you wish, or even save and use a different configuration for AMC Updater.
Note: The settings you select here are automatically saved to the AMCU settings for the current Config.
AMC Updater options (for global internet update functions)
These options apply when you use the Get Internet Info option in My Films
- Enable AMC Updater (default=enabled for AMC catalogs) - required for global import/updates within My Films
- Import if no auto match (default=enabled for AMC catalogs) - when Importing in My Films GUI via Global Updates menu, My Films will import the media file(s) and media Info. You may then use Updates > Get Internet Info to manually match and update the movie info using your preferred grabber.
- AMCU Config File - (default=MyFilmsAMCSettings_xxxx.xml where xxxx is the name of the current config.) - preset to the Config name you enter when you use the Setup Wizard. Each config can use a different AMCU config file with different settings
- Scheduler for AMC Updater - you can schedule a Windows task if you would like AMCU to regularly scan and add new films rather than select the option either in AMCU or in MF Global Updates.
Note: AMCU has its own settings file separate from MyFilms.xml config/settings file.
AMC Updater External Application
These options apply when you use AMC Updater as a separate application, either via the Import button in My Films Setup, or a desktop shortcut.
- Movie Scan Paths - preset to the movies path you select in Setup Wizard - automatically saved to AMCU settings when you save config
- Title Search Handling - this is one of the most important settings for getting good matches when grabbing data. If you have each movie in a separate folder then usually folder name + Internet lookup will give best results. My Films will look for year, or IMDB tt number (when using IMDB grabbers) as 'hints' to improve match results. If you use file name + Internet lookup then you will get better results if you add year or tt number to file names. You may also use Scan filters to 'clean up' file names before lookup to get better results.
- Purge Orphan Records - select this option if you wish AMCU to remove records in your database when the files are no longer found or available for playback.
- Create Desktop Icon - to open AMC Updater as an independent application. You do not need to open MediaPortal Configuration tool and My Films Setup.
- (re)Create AMC Updater Default Settings - My Films will automatically sync any changes you make in My Films settings (either in Update Setup or Global Settings within My Films) to AMCU settings. However, you can use this button if you wish to revert AMCU to the default settings .
There are many more settings you may configure for AMC Updater. The My Films Import setup tab only displays the most common settings you may wish to change. To change all other AMCU settings, Launch the AMC Updater. See AMC Updater for detailed documentation of all the settings.