- My Page
- Recent changes
- Watched Pages
- My Preferences
- RSS feeds
- Save as PDF
- Popular pages
- Wiki Help
This section will allow you to customize the way that you view and use television in MediaPortal. Each client that connects to the TV-Server needs to be configured separately.
See the TV Setup guide for details how to setup TV in MediaPortal.
We recommend that you set up your TV-Server before you try to change any of these Client settings.
Note: some of these options can also be select or changed within the MediaPortal interface, see TV Settings.
- Fallback de-interlace mode - Default: none
This is the de-interlacing mode that is used when your codecs don't perform de-interlacing. In most cases you should leave this set to "none".
- Select channel by index (non US) - Default: on
When you change channels using the number buttons on your remote (or the number keys on your keyboard), MediaPortal's default behaviour is to select channels by their index in the current channel group. In other words, if you press the '9' button on your remote MediaPortal will change to the 9th channel in the channel group that you're currently viewing. If you prefer to select your channels by their logical channel number (the channel number assigned by the broadcaster or provider) then you should turn this option off.
- Show channel numbers - Default: off
- Channel number max. length - Default: 3
The maximum number of digits allowed in the channel number. This setting might be useful when the "show channel numbers" option is turned on.
When entering the TV screen
- Auto turn TV on when entering My TV - Default: off
Turn on this option to have TV automatically start when you enter the TV section in MediaPortal.
- Directly show fullscreen TV - Default: off
Turn on this option to automatically switch to full screen mode when TV is turned on.
- After configuration, you may want to display channel logos in MediaPortal. See: TV Channel Logos to see how that works.
- To get program data to display in the TV guide see: Using MediaPortal > TV > TV Guide > EPG > Getting EPG Data
Changes in the upcoming release
|TV and Radio||2013/03/26||1.4.0|