The General section contains settings that affect MediaPortal as a whole.
Accessing General Settings
These options can also be set from within the MediaPortal interface, see Settings > General MP Settings.
The left Navigation Panel can be expanded by clicking on the + symbol to show all the General configuration options.
The General Configuration section contains sub pages for:
On the main General page:
- Log verbosity (Default: Debug for Beta release - information for final release)
Sets the detail level of the log files that are stored in the
logfolder underneath the MediaPortal application folder.
- Process priority (Default: Normal)
Sets the priority of MediaPortal, higher gives MediaPortal more systems resources, too high can make the system unstable or crash when MediaPortal crashes.
- Watchdog is the MediaPortal Debug tool. It can monitor MediaPortal and automatically gather the log files, zip them to your desktop and restart MediaPortal for you, if you choose.
- Automatically Restart MP (Default: Enabled) - auto restarts MP if it crashes.
- Delay in Seconds (Default: 10) sets a delay before MP restarts
Note: You can also run Watchdog by using the MediaPortal Debug-Mode Shortcut which you will find on your Windows Programs menu under Team-MediaPortal > MediaPortal.