- My Page
- Recent changes
- Watched Pages
- My Preferences
- RSS feeds
- Save as PDF
- Popular pages
- Wiki Help
The main way to schedule recordings is by using the Program Information (Program Info) window which lists all the upcoming episodes of a program.
To access the Program Info window:
- While watching live TV, press F9 or the Info/More remote button and choose the Program Info option.
- Select a program in the TV Guide. Press F9 or the Info/More remote button, then choose the Upcoming episodes option.
- If you don't known when a program airs and it does not display in your TV Guide you can find the program by searching your TV Guide listings - TV Guide > Search.
- Select the New button while when you View Schedules or your recordings.
Simply highlight the episode or airing you wish to record and select Record.
Select Advanced Record for more detailed options:
The Recording type menu lets you choose from a number of different recording options.
- Record once: Records the selected program. Used for a one-off recording.
- Record every time on this channel: Records all programs on this channel where the title matches the selected item. Useful for recording a series that is on multiple days (e.g. it may be shown Monday, Wednesday and Friday).
- Record every time on every channel: Records all programs where the title matches the selected item. For recording a show on any day and on any channel.
- Record every week at this time: Records the program that is shown on the selected channel at the selected time, every week (e.g every Saturday). It does not match on the program title, only the channel and start/end time. Used for recording a series that is always on at the same time each week (e.g. 7 pm Sunday). As it does not match on the title, it also works if the program title changes slightly each week (e.g. to include the episode name).
- Record every day at this time: As previous option, but records every day instead of once a week.
- Record Weekdays: Records all programs on the selected channel, with the same start and end time, that are shown on weekdays. Useful for soaps that are shown at the same time during the week.
- Record Weekends: Records all programs on the selected channel, with the same start and end time, that are shown on weekends.
- Weekly on this channel: Records all programs on the current channel and day where the title matches. Start time is not considered.
You can define weekdays and weekends in the TV-Server Configuration > Record tab.
Once you have selected an option, or an episode to record, new options become available:
To cancel a scheduled recording, you can press Enter/OK on an episode or use the Don't record button.
If you select the Keep until button, you can choose how long you wish to retain the recored file.
The Quality settings button lets you specify the bit rate for your recording (only available for analog tv cards).
Select the number of episodes to keep. Once this number of recordings is reached, the oldest recording will be removed every time a new episode is recorded. Select between 1 and 39 or all.
Pre- and post-record
The Pre and post-record buttons let you choose when you wish the recording to start and stop. Since broadcast times may not match your clock, pre-record will start recording a little bit before the program is scheduled to broadcast and post-record will keep recording a bit after the program ends.
Once you have scheduled some programs for recording, you can easily see them in either the TV Guide, or the Mini Guide. Or you can view and manage your recording schedules by selecting the Scheduled button on the TV Home screen. See View Schedules for further details.