- My Page
- Recent changes
- Watched Pages
- My Preferences
- RSS feeds
- Save as PDF
- Popular pages
- Wiki Help
Select or change the most common settings for Videos within MediaPortal using your remote.
You may also configure many of these settings, as well as more advanced customization, using the MediaPortal Configuration Tool, see Configuration > Videos.
Go to Settings > Videos to display the menu:
Select your playlist folder and repeat/loop options.
Turn on or off subtitles handling for your videos (select default subtitle language under Video Settings).
Play all behavior
In Videos Shares view, you can play all videos inside a selected folder and its sub-folders via the context menu (F9 or Info/More remote button) without needing to create a Playlist. If you select Always ask, you will be prompted before playback to sort files By Name, Date or Random (Shuffle). Or, you can choose one of the three sort options as your default setting which will sort files from the selected folder and its sub-folders and start to play them immediately. Note: if the selected folder is PIN protected, MediaPortal will ask for your secret PIN before performing any action.
Select folders that contain the video files you wish to add to your video database, display in Videos Shares view and play in MediaPortal.
Select the folders, settings and options to scan your video files and create a video database.
Select, by file extension, which media files to display in the Videos folders.
Select or change your video codecs, renderer and default subtitle language.
- MPEG-2 Video
- All formats like MPEG1/MOV etc. (except H264 format)
- H.264 Video
- MPEG-4 Part 10 or AVC. Often related to HD video MKV files.
- VC-1 Video
- A Microsoft SMPTE 421M video codec.
- VC-1i Video
- Interlaced VC-1 video.
- DivX / Xvid Video
- MPEG-4 Part 2 Advanced Simple Profile (ASP).
- MPEG /AC3 audio
- All formats like DTS/MP3 etc. (except AAC format).
- AAC audio
- Often related to trailer and anime (MOV files).
- Audio renderer
- How audio is sent to the receiver or TV.
- Splitter Source
- The source filter is responsible of loading the media by opening and reading the file or internet stream.
- Splitter Filesync
- The splitter filter demultiplexes individual streams of a media file, e.g. audio, video or subtitles and sends them to their respective decoders for decoding. This option is only used when Splitter Source is set to File Source (Async). Otherwise this setting will be ignored.
- Aspect Ratio (see: Video Zoom modes)
- Select the default aspect ratio for Video playback from the list of supported aspect ratios or zoom modes you have selected in Configuration > Videos > Zoom Modes
- Subtitle Language
- Select the subtitles language that will be automatically chosen when multiple languages are available (same as Configuration > Videos subtitles language setting).
Select or change your audio codecs, renderer and default audio language (if your video supports multiple audio tracks in different languages, you can select the language you wish to use.)
- Audio Codec
- Select your preferred audio codec from a list of all the audio codecs you have installed on your system .
- AAC Audio Codec
- Select your preferred audio codec for AAC audio from a list of all the AAC audio codecs you have installed on your system.
- Audio Renderer
- Select the default renderer you wish to use for Audio.
- Audio Language
- Select the audio language that will be automatically chosen when multiple languages are available (same as Configuration > Videos audio language setting).
Note: As of v1.3.0 you may select the MediaPortal Audio Renderer (MPAR) for stutter free playback as well as output to your audio tuner (WASAPI).
Codecs: As of v1.3.0 MediaPortal supports LAV Filters for 'out of the box' playback of most media files. It is the default settings for most codecs.
Videos - Other
- Mark every already watched file
- Default: on (deactivate for performance with many files). If you have watched a video, a watched flag is set in the database so that you can filter videos which are watched and unwatched
- Keep DVD and BluRay folders together
- In Videos Shares view, folders which contain DVD or Blu-ray ripped discs will be grouped and sorted separately after normal folders.
- Use comskip data to skip commercials
- Default: Unchecked. ComSkip data can be generated by the ComSkip Launcher TV-Server plugin. By default you need to use the next chapter remote button to skip commercials and jump to the next movie or TV show segment. When enabling this option, MediaPortal will automatically skip the commercial segment. Caution: You might miss parts of the movie or TV show if ComSkip's parameters isn't configured correctly.
- Played time percentage
- Default 95%. MediaPortal will mark a video file as watched when it has been played this many percent.
- Video/Audio Delay
- Set delay interval to adjust lip sync. Note: This is only supported when ffdshow (non-DXVA version) is in use as the decoder or post process filter. Then you can also select the delay during video playback by using the On Screen Display (OSD) menu depending on the skin you use.
Changes in the upcoming release
|Video codecs for .ts playback in Videos||2013/04/25||1.4.0|