Table of contentsNo headers
|This section is only visible in expert mode.|
If you have the PowerDVD decoder installed the configuration for the codec will appear in MediaPortal.
Note: You need to manually register the PowerDVD decoders or they will not be listed below the Codecs and Renderer node. To register the different PowerDVD decoders you need to open a command prompt as Administrator and run the following commands (make sure you use the correct PowerDVD version in the path):
- H.264/VC-1/MPEG Video Decoder
- regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\Common\VideoFilter\CLCvd.ax"
- MPEG-2 and H.264 Video Decoders
- regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\Common\VideoFilter\CLVsd.ax"
- Audio Decoder
- regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\Common\AudioFilter\Claud.ax"
You also need to select PowerDVD as audio or video decoders under Video Codecs, to use this codec for playback.
- Use Hardware Accelerator (For MPEG-2 or H.264) - the graphic card's power is used is to decode DXVA (better for low power CPU)
- De-interlace Options (to Deinterlace Video content, best choice is Auto-Select). Disable this option if you use DXVA.
- Audio Decoder: for AVR connected by S/PDIF or HDMI, use S/PDIF Out, otherwise use the same setting used to set up your sound card.